The Graduate Institute’s Master of Arts programs (with the exception of Consciousness Studies) are approved for military veterans who are eligible to receive education benefits under the federal GI Bill. In addition, two graduate certificates, Ecotherapy and Cultural Sustainability and Integrative Health and Healing are approved for educational benefits.
The Connecticut Department of Higher Education, which oversees the operation and governance of The Graduate Institute, serves as the State Approving Agency (or SAA) by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Under the egis of the Veterans Administration and the approved criteria designated under Title 38 of the United States code, eligible veterans and dependents can have their enrollments at The Graduate Institute certified and begin to receive monthly benefits.
Students who are eligible to receive VA education benefits may fall into one of the following categories:
- Active duty service person
- Reservist or National Guard person
- Veteran (discharged or separated service person)
- Veteran’s dependent (spouse, surviving spouse, or child)
- Disabled veteran
Key Contact Personnel
The Graduate Institute’s certifying officials are Gina McCaffrey, Chief Operating Officer, and Dr. Andrew Summa, Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Quality Assurance.
The certifying officials of the Department of Veterans Affairs, the government agency responsible for determining eligibility for VA education benefits and for authorizing payment for benefits, are cited below:
- Chief Education Liaison Officer: Gerald Miller (860) 666-7324
- State of CT Education Liaison Representative and Education Compliance Survey Specialist: Gerard Jacques (860) 666-7324 or email: Gerard.Jacques@va.gov
- Consultant, State Approving Agency: Michael Criscuolo: (860) 947-1816 or email: MCriscuolo@ctdhe.org
Applying for Veterans Benefits
Students of The Graduate Institute must register for benefits by visiting the Veterans Administration website at gibill.va.gov.
Students may inquire about the status of their VA claims by calling 888-442-4551 (press 1 for touch tone or press 0 to reach a counselor). Students will need to furnish their claim numbers and/or to identify what forms, where, and when they filed their claims with the Veterans Administration.