Student Loan Opportunities
Students may apply for Connecticut state loans through the Connecticut Higher Education Supplemental Loan Authority (CHESLA), which offers fixed-interest-rate loans, with no application fees. Applicants – or co-applicants, if any – must have a minimum $20,000 gross annual income, and monthly loan installment payments must amount to 43% or less of monthly gross income. Students may defer interest while in school and for a 6-month grace period (interest is capitalized annually). The CALS Graduate Institute School Code is 117777-00. Access the loan hotline at 800-935-2275 or visit www.chesla.org for more information.
Early Enrollment Scholarship
Now Announcing Early Enrollment Scholarships for November programs - enrolling now for Fall 2021!
$1,000 Early Enrollment Scholarships for MA programs
$800 Early Enrollment Scholarships for Sixth Year Certificate and 30-Credit Programs
To qualify to receive this generous Early Enrollment Scholarship, the following must be received at TGI by October 8, 2021:
— Signed application form (online!)
— $385 program fee (a link will be sent to pay this by the deadline)
— These Early Enrollment Scholarships will be applied upon receipt of all admissions documents.
Need-based scholarships are available to eligible candidates who have financial hardship and can provide documentation (most recent tax return and statement of need) to support their need. The TGI Need-based Scholarship can be applied to these programs: Master of Arts, Planned 30-credit Program, 6th Year Certificate, Graduate Certificates, and Coaching With Spirit Coach Training.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- the TGI Need-Based Scholarship Form (link below)
- tax return, and
- personal statement
Need-Based Scholarship - COVID-19
The Graduate Institute has a limited number of COVID-19 Partial Scholarships for students financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and who are applying to one of the Institute’s Master of Arts, Planned 30-Credit Program, 6th Year Certificate, or Graduate Certificate program. An applicant must submit the Need-Based Scholarship application (above) and most recent tax return, personal statement of need and write a brief essay responding to the following question:
"How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected your ability to pay full tuition and fees for your Graduate Institute program?" Email all documents as attachments to email@example.com.
Tuition Waiver for Six Credits for Educators in Priority and/or Alliance Districts*
Applicants who teach full time in Priority and/or Alliance School Districts*
- For an MA degree, $2,700 (six credits) tuition waiver;
- For the Sixth Year Certificate in Learning and Thinking, $1,800 (four credits) tuition waiver.
- For the Planned 30-Credit Program, $1,800 (four credits) tuition waiver.
*Ansonia, Bloomfield, Bristol, Bridgeport, Danbury, Derby, East Hartford, East Haven, East Windsor, Groton, Hamden, Hartford, Killingly, Manchester, Meriden, Middletown, Naugatuck, New Britain, New Haven, New London, Norwalk, Norwich, Putnam, Stamford, Thompsom, Torrington, Vernon, Waterbury, West Haven, Winchester, Windham, Windsor, and Windsor Locks.
Alumni Partial Tuition Waiver
An alumnus of any of The Graduate Institute's Master of Arts degree programs qualifies for these partial tuition waivers:
- $2,000 toward another MA degree
- $1,650 toward the Sixth Year Certificate in Learning & Thinking
- $1,650 toward a "Planned 30-Credit Program"
- $650 toward a 12-credit Certificate program
- $500 toward a 9-credit Certificate program
- $350 toward a 6-credit Certificate program
- $300 toward Coaching with Spirit 1
- $200 toward Coaching with Spirit 2
- $300 toward the Holistic Nursing Board Exam Preparation Course
- Coaching with Spirit graduates qualify for a $300 tuition waiver for an MA program.
Application Fees are forgiven for alumni. Tuition waivers are credited at the end of the degree program. Students may receive up to two waivers. Other restrictions may apply. Policies are subject to change.
MA Tuition Waiver for up to Six Credits of Prior Graduate Study
Master of Arts students may apply for a tuition waiver for up to six credits if they show evidence (official transcript) of credits for prior graduate study that was not applied to a degree. Requests for this tuition waiver are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Important considerations regarding tuition waivers:
- Tuition Waivers will be credited at the end of the degree program.
- Students may receive up to two Tuition Waivers.
- Tuition Waivers will not be applied retroactively.
- Other restrictions may apply. Policies are subject to change.
Transfer of Academic Credits
Requests for transfer of credits are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Determination of acceptance of credit is based on appropriate alignment with course offerings. The Academic Affairs Committee renders all decisions regarding transfer of credit.